I bought some of this stuff awhile back, but can't remember where I sent off for it. I did it because someone posted that this is what Drake used and they also mentioned where it could be purchased.  But, I was dissappointed.  It is NOT the same as what Drake used.  The film is much thinner then what Drake used.  I would not buy anymore of it myself. However, the clor looked pritty good.   I kind of dissapointed me to have someone say this is what the mfg used and then when I got it, it was not even close to being original,  I think I paid something like $30 for this stuff.  More then likely if you used it, you would have to "stiffin" it with some clear plastic.
Lee Bahr
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 6:54 PM
Subject: [drakelist] Blue filter gel (C-line)

Just trying to get hold of some new filter gel for the displays on my C-line. A previous posting suggested that Drake actually used a Rosco filter material known as Roscolene #853. I have been in touch with Rosco (UK) and they say this is a discontinued gel series. Does anyone know of a source of the original Roscolene #853, or if not, the nearest equivalent gel in one of Rosco's (or other manufacturer's) current range? Rosco tell me that there is no direct equivalent, but someone else may know of a satisfactory match?

Thanks and 73

David
G4GTP