On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 11:08:41 -0500, Garey Barrell wrote:

>Some have replaced the bulbs with LEDs, but I haven't seen a
>good color match yet, and they tend to "hot spot" (bright
>spot in the center) the dial.

Agreed.  My TR7 LED experiment has "hot spots", but overall isn't as
bright as I would like.  I'm collecting some backlight diffuser
material from toasted LCD displays, and hope to experiment with that a
little bit.  It would be cool to find a blue LCD backlight assembly,
but my company insists on green LCDs.... :-(

(Yeah, I know, just change the LEDs.  Blue SMT, anyone?)

--
Jim Shorney      -->.<--Put complaints in this box
jshorney (at) inebraska.com