"Matthew E. McNeely" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterence to the drakelist gang
I tried to listen to the Drake net yesterday afternoon at 4:00 on 40 meters. from what I could hear the information is very helpful. I did not check in because I have not working antenna for 40 meters right now. I was using a TA-33 with a tuner but could only get my SWR down to 3 to 1 so I didn't even try to load the rig into the antenna with that SWR.
I realize that my tribander isn't the best thing to use but for receiving it shouldn't matter that much. I am going to get my sloper up soon and will be able to load into that with the tuner.
One thing I noticed there was a lot of QRM on my end and the weak signals were impossible to hear.
Is that always the case?
if so why couldn't the net be moved to 20 meters?
I was on the 20 meter vintage net earlier and things were ok propagation wise and there was pretty much no QRM to speak of.

Just some idle thoughts.

Matt
K1MCN