Thom R LaCosta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
On Sun, 22 May 2005, Mike Williams wrote:

Just in case you have an extra bag of cash lying around; some guy on e-bay is
starting a TR4CW/RIT at $1299.00!

And the sad part is that there may be some fool that will buy it for that price. Just being grumpy, but as far as I can tell, EBAY and the greed of the participants has damaged amateur radio.

But, it's all academic....since The League is solidly behind Winlink.

May not be too long before the only way you'll be able to enjoy ham raio is to be on your sailboat using a proprietary mode that requires equipment made by one company.

I don't think the future is bright at all for those of us that do simple things like cw and ssb.

73,Thom-k3hrn
www.zerobeat.net Home of QRP Web Ring, Drakelist home page,
Free Classified Ads for amateur radio, QRP IRC channel
Elecraft Owners Database
www.tlchost.net/              Web Hosting as low as 3.49/month