[EMAIL PROTECTED] made an utterance to the drakelist gang

hi all,

I've just about convinced the XYL to give me the goahead to buy a nice
TR-4C or TR-4Cw if I can find one.  But I have a couple questions about
their operation before I start looking for the checkbook...

For any TR-3 or TR-4any model, what is the bandwidth (passband) for CW
operation on these units?  I typically run my R-4B in the .4 mode for more
narrow bandwidth and rejection of signals from stations 1 or 2 KC away.
Am I correct in thinking that only the TR-4Cw has a narrow CW filter
(500Hz for TR-4Cw and TR-4Cw RIT)?

I'm trying to figure out if I should look for another R-4B/T-4XB pair or
if the TR-4Cw (or another model) will give me a narrow CW bandpass filter.

thanks!

--
73 Jason N1SU
http://n1su.com/