Garey Barrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Ron -

Absolutely.   I don't think I ever used the jumper method once the power
supply was installed in the speaker cabinet though...  :-)

Yeah, I think we've "slightly" exceeded the original 25 word limit........

73, Garey - K4OAH
Atlanta

Drake C-Line Service Manual
<http://www.k4oah.com>

Ron Wagner wrote:

One big difference is that the AC3 has a set of resistors in the bias line. Those resistors are jumper shorted out normally with a small screw. Lifting the jumper short allows you to easily measure the idle current (actually voltage across known resistance). Much easier then trying to look at the fat needle against fat marking.

You can measure the current on the resistor under the chassis too, and should to make sure the finals are balanced. But to set the current easily the AC3 was a gem. IMHO.

Okay, something of a thesis.  :-)

73,
Ron

Visit my astronomy home page.   http://www.dma.org/~wagner
Amateur Radio Station: WD8SBB - Ron  and  KB8NRP - Joann