[EMAIL PROTECTED] made an utterance to the drakelist gang
On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, Ron Wagner wrote:

> One big difference is that the AC3 has a set of resistors in the bias
> line.  Those resistors are jumper shorted out normally with a small
> screw.  Lifting the jumper short allows you to easily measure the idle
> current (actually voltage across known resistance).  Much easier then
> trying to look at the fat needle against fat marking.
>
> You can measure the current on the resistor under the chassis too, and
> should to make sure the finals are balanced.  But to set the current
> easily the AC3 was a gem.  IMHO.

You touched on something that I noticed when I was trying to align the
bias current on my AC-3 (and haven't tried yet with AC-4)...  I wound up
leaving the screw connected and measuring the voltage off of the
connection to the filter C (will have to review the schematic to tell you
which one).  Can this same trick be used on the AC-4 or is this an AC-3
only operation?  I had to pull the bottom cover off of the AC-3 to do this
- I couldn't make heads or tails of the TP-1 reading with the jumper screw
removed.

Thanks!

--
73 Jason N1SU