"Dan Ringer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
On 31 Aug 2006 at 10:58, neil wrote:

> BTW, the transmitter had a wierd problem... it worked on the bench
> (without the case) but had no output when buttoned up. However at first
> I didn't realize that relationship, and was hunting for subtle
> intermittent problems. After wasting way too much time repeatedly
> removing and reinstalling the case, I finally realized that it lost
> signal when the left-rear mounting screw for the case-bottom was fully
> tightened.

I had this same problem with a brand new, unmodified Icom 740.  I took the
case off to install an accessory.  Tested it with the case off and it worked
fine.  Reinstalled the case and nothing.

I left the rig running as I took the case off.  As I backed one screw out, it
suddenly came to life.  Turn in back in, and nothing.

Only after I got the case off did I find two different lengths of case screws.
Never saw (or have seen) it mentioned anywhere.  After I got the screws
sorted, it was all good.  Now I keep screws in the same order as I removed
them - on everything!

Dan, K8WV

=====
Dan Ringer, K8WV