"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang

----- Forwarded message from "" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----
    Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 21:45:35 -0500
    From: "" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 Subject: L-4 Cleaning
      To: "" <drakelist@zerobeat.net>

I have read postings here about cleaning Drakes and like several of the
ideas.  I have aquired an L-4 that outside looks almost perfect.  However,
internally, the tank coil, parasitic supressor, and other connecting
components almost look tarnished.  I don't know if this is due to heating or
if the metal is actually tarnished from an environment.  Is this a typical
issue, and what would be the best way to remove this without damage to the
amplifier?

Thanks,

Doug Coffman
N9XTF