Jim Pruitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
The FF-1 was the fixed frequency adapter for the 4 line.  As Gary said,  it was
for novices back in the 60's and 70's when fixed frequency crystal control with
75 watts or less input power was required for novice class license holders.
W2ENY has the schematic on his web site at
http://www.geocities.com/w2eny/drake/ff1.pdf  if you are interested.

Thank you.

Jim Pruitt

>>> On 7/24/2007 at 1:13 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

"Gary Poland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Carl,
A TR-4 that I owned in 1977 had a FF-1 installed. I think it was used at
one time by a Novice since crystal controled was required.

73, Gary W8PU
http://home.cinci.rr.com/w8pu