Garey Barrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Hubert -

I find it hard to believe that a cap is breaking down at 10V and not at 8V......... What FET are you using? ALL FETs have a range of current (Idss), and the MPF102 has a wider range than most. Perhaps a different FET? Does the amplitude of the output change with the frequency change, or frequency only?
Interesting problem......

Hubert ROTH wrote:

"Hubert ROTH" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Hi Garey
Thanks for the answer.
I checked that. Problem subsists even with a lab supply in place of the 11V Stability turns to normal at 8V but than I have not enough output to feed the mixer. With a spectrum analyzer and a 10hz BW you see the signal playing rock an roll until 8V
Changing fet and buffer transistor did not hel
BTW when I opened the can I noticed that the FETs Source lead was not soldered was loose I told myself thats it !!
Hooked te supply and it was still there
I separated the PTO board from the slug oscillator runs than at 5330Khz just to make sure that its nothing mechanical but no!! Could be a ceramic cap that I did not change as I dont know the value and as I dont want to ruin temp comp. With the high Q voltage could be high enough to render them unstable

All ideas are wellcome
73,s from Hubert F6DUK