"Dennis Monticelli" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Hi Steve,

I dug out my schematic and it actually takes a few components.  My
recollection was only of the inductor.  Basically you place a series
LC circuit in the secondary of T2 to filter out the harmonics from the
sawtooth before they reach the speaker.

I first elected to lower the freq of the sidetone down to 750Hz
because that was more to my preference.  I simply placed 160pF across
C8 to accomplish this.

The series LC filter is then made resonant at 750Hz.  I used a 31mH
torriod in series with 1.33uF of capacitance (formed by a 1uF in
parallel with 0.33uF).  Other LC combinations of 750Hz resonance will
work as long as you are mindful of the series R of the inductor, which
determines the Q.  If the inductor is too lossy, the tone won't be as
pure.   Correspondinly if the Q is quite high then then you may have
to tweak either the oscillator or resonator capacitor to match up the
resonance to the oscillator.

I have probably made it sound harder than it really is.  The mod
worked first time for me using an inductor out of my junk box.  I
think the Q fell between 5 and 10.

Dennis AE6C