Garey Barrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Ken -

OK.  Yes, the + terminal goes to the junction of D7 and R7.

Capacitor technology has really progressed in the last 40 years!!  :-)

If your DMM has a "Diode Test" function, usually identified on the Range
switch with a diode symbol  (-|<-), a good diode will read about 0.600 -
0.650 in one direction, and if you reverse the leads it should then read
"Open" or whatever it reads on the Ohmmeter range with the leads not
touching each other.

Garey

Ken Bessler wrote:
Ken Bessler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
OK, I'm back from the parts store. I was suprised at the size
of the replacement caps! About the size of a BNC connector.

Now, if I'm reading the schematic right, the + lead of the new C5a should go to the junction between D7 and R7.

Right?

P.S. of course I forgot the diodes but I had one in my junk box
       so I'll be fine. What resistance should I see across a 4007?

73's de Ken KG0WX - Kadiddlehopper #11808,
          Flying Pigs #-1055, Grid EM17ip