Garey Barrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Doug -

First step is to put the 160M crystal back in the receiver, and check the operation in transceive with receiver control. If this results in the same failure, you have just eliminated all of the circuitry associated with the Band Oscillator, PTO and Premixer stages in the transmitter.

There are very few components peculiar to 160M.

Each of these components has an associated bandswitch contact, and while it doesn't appear to be related to the switch contact itself, it IS quite possible to be a "cold" or "rosin" solder joint on the switch contact.

C36, C37 and T1

C53, C54 and T9

Less likely ...

C86 and C193

C89

C45

So my process would be to physically examine each of these components and their associated switch contacts for solder integrity. Cold spray might expose a bad connection, but it's probably not a bad component. T1 and T9 are small solenoidal coils mounted right on the bandswitch contacts.

Putting on my Swami hat, I'm gonna guess T9 solder is the culprit.! This is based partly on the fact that it's probably the most difficult item on the list to access, but also that if this connection goes open, it removes the plate voltage from the 12BY7 driver stage.

Let us know!!

Drake 2-B, 4-B & C-Line Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

Doug Smith wrote:
Doug Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang