Garey Barrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Howard -

Don't forget that the R-4 receivers will only "mute" if the FUNCTION switch is in EXT. MUTE, NB or CAL positions. The ON position defeats external muting, keeping the receiver on regardless of EXT. MUTE function.

Switch the receiver to ON, and turning down the XMTR GAIN will minimize transmitting a signal as you "swoop" in. On CW, you can just flip the SIDEBAND switch to the non-X position.

Drake 2-B, 4-B & C-Line Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

Howard Traxler wrote:
"Howard Traxler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Thanks Garey, someone here has already helped me get the R-4A hooked up as a second receiver although I couldn't get it to mute. I'll try that again. And then, is there a way to "spot" the frequency or do I just turn down the drive, unmute the rcvr and tune it in?

Thanks again.
73, de Howard, WA9RYF