"Bill Carpenter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
I was enjoying SKN last night on 40M with my Bline but decided to switch to my K2/100 to use a more effective NB against bad powerline noise that has popped up here recently. I left the Bline on and was happily CWing away when the Bline kind of "blinked" so I turned it off. Later I found no output at all so suspecting finals I checked them and yes they were bad. I put good ones in and still no output. There had been no noise, smoke or burned sound so I had not looked under the finals. I did that this morning and found R32 and R33 (1 watt 15 Ohm) both burnt and testing very high or open. Obviously I need to replace these but is there anything else I should check first to see what may have caused this to happen?

Any help appreciated.

Happy New Year!  73

Bill

NZ0T