I use the "industrial duty" stuff happily too, but get mine at the hardware
store.
But here in Florida the heat has led to one unit "sliding" a good 3 inches
"downhill" towards the windshield over time, but it finally found a happy
spot and stopped moving.
Left a bit of a glue trail, but I don't see it as a big problem.

   Chuck, K1OM