  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Cc: Garey Barrell
  Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 3:49 PM
  Subject: Re: [drakelist] TR-4 TX Hang-Up

  I saw once where the relay iron core was expanding do to the heat the coil
generated around it, which to this point is normal.   But in this case as the
core expanded it shorted against a bare coil winding.   The core itself being
at ground potential, when shorted against the coil winding provided the ground
path to key the relay.    Once the relay was unkeyed by removing power, it
cooled, and worked again as normal until it heated up again.     So don't put
aside the possibility of a heat related problem in the relay itself.

  Ron / WB4HFN

    From: Garey Barrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>