"Jim Shorney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 11:06:54 -0500, Steve Berg wrote:

>I also have good results with the Shure 444 mics, and those have a
>switch on the bottom to set the output impedance.  Less trouble than the
>Astatic preamp

The 444D has the switch. The 444 (no D) is - usually - high impedance only.
I've got both variants. The
black 444D is a nice match to the TR7, but I've been told the D104 sounds
better. I'm running it on the Hi-Z
input, which already has a 470K resistor, so combined with the added 470K in
the mic the D104 element
is loaded by close to a meg.

73

-Jim