"K8AC - k8ac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
I'm sure there must be a good reason for wanting to transmit on the 2.5 MHz band, but I'm just behind the times and don't know what it might be. At any rate, I still think the best approach is to use an Aux board and they can easily be homebrewed. One advantage to the Aux board approach is that the synthesizer is set to the correct 500 KHz segment and you don't have to hit the up or down buttons to get to the right band segments. That of course is true with the WARC bands when using an Aux board, but I seldom see it mentioned.

73, K8AC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Wagner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <drakelist@zerobeat.net>
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 4:31 PM
Subject: Re: [drakelist] A better TR7 allband transmit mod

Ron Wagner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
FWIW, in John Loughmiller's (KB9AT) book "A Family Affair, the R L Drake Story" on page 145, Steve Rawling, G4ALG is credited as saying that "To enable the TR-7 to transmit on all frequencies 1.5-30 MHZ (excluding 2.5 and 5.0 Mhz bands) simply unsolder collector Q9001 on the DR7 board."

I beleive Jim's thread was to be able to add those bands back in with his mods w/o defeating the out-of-lock inhibit. I know that my TR-7 (actually John's backup rig) is TX on all bands and the out-of-lock inhibit is not cut. I just tried CW on the 2.5 and 5 Mhz bands and it works fine. A caveat is that I do have an aux board installed with 10Mhz prgrammed. My aux switch it in the normal position.

73,
Ron WD8SBB