From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [drakelist] Drake L-4B
To: drakelist@zerobeat.net
Date: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 7:45 AM

Bill,

I'm not sure which Harbach mod(s) you are referring to.  There is a step-start
for the high voltage, step-start for the filaments, replacement rectifier and
capacitor board, and which sort of determines what else you might do.

When I rebuild supplies I replace just about everything except the power
transformer, and with components that have better ratings than the original.
One important mod is to replace the 5K 7wt resistor on the underside of the
supply with a 20 watt equivalent; your unobtainable ALC pot will thank you for
it.

I also place one or two fans on top of the supply.  I use a model that is 220v
but will start and run reliably on 110v.  It is so quiet you can't hear it and
it brings the case temperature down dramatically.

73,

Evan, K9SQG