Folks, this looks like one for something I saw, I think in Ham Radio magazine, years ago.

There was an article that used the station dummy load as the primary part of a RF divider to send to the station's tuner. It would provide at worst something like a 2:1 SWR. Something like a 100 ohm pickoff going to the tuner. With infinite, your rig basically saw 50 ohms, with 0, your rig saw 50 and 100 ohms in parallel (33 ohms).

Does anyone remember an article like this? If so please let us know. It looks like that might be adaptable for situations like this.

73,
Ron WD8SBB