Hi Bob!  Saw your post here and thought I'd respond.  I've been working on a C
line twins set for a bit.  I checked out your website... that's a cool idea to
do a step by step on the refurb.  I would start by getting some compressed air
and blowing that dust out of your house.  Some sites actually DO recommend
putting your rig in the dishwasher.  That kind of scares me, but I've seen
plenty of posts here that swear by it.  Simple Green (diluted) works great for
me on cleaning up the grime.  I used DeOxit on the controls and switches.  Be
especially careful of the wafers, I am told they will swell with too much
contact cleaner.  I used medical type cotton swabs and sprayed the DeOxit on
them, then cleaned the switches.  You'll probably notice a lot of black soot on
them at first, and then they will be a nice shiny copper when done.
There are cap kits out there for your power supply, as well as the rig itself.
I recently purchased a re-cap kit from hayseed hamfest.  Haven't gotten it
installed yet, though.
Great thing about this site is there is a LOT of knowledge out there, and folks
are quick to respond with help.
Good luck with getting the old gal back on the air!
73,Brett