Looking at that site, I did see an advertisement from his collection that was
dated June 1968 showing the L-4B.  Great site!

There was another ad ('63?) showing a woman sitting in front of a 2-B.  Don't
remember my mom with those kind of glasses but do remember her dressing like
that.  Flashbacks!  Good times!  =)

God bless
73
jb
kg6biw

-------------------
Doc,

If you haven't browsed Ron's website, _www.wb4hfn.com_
(http://www.wb4hfn.com) , and his serial number database,  give it a try.  Ron
has been
collecting the serial numbers and QC date  stamps on Drake gear for quite a
number
of years.  According to his  database, the earliest recorded L4B reported to
him passed final QC on Oct 1,  1969 and the lastest one on July 28, 1978.

73
Lee WB6SSW