OK. Well Don's are a little different, but still a shorted LED should not blow a fuse. I assume you just soldered the leads to the old terminals? Possibly a short there.

I prefer the incandescent bulb / Lee Lighting #172 film setup too.

There is a reverse polarity protection diode just past the fuse, and the supply lines to the PS-7 and ACC connectors are also "downstream".

If It's blowing the fuse, an ohmmeter check should show the situation. You might have to reverse the ohmmeter leads to beat the polarity diode.

Drake 2-B, 4-B, C-Line&  TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

Craig Roberts wrote:
Hmmm. Well, that's not promising. The LEDs are not the bayonet-type replacements. They're the "Don Buska" wired-in versions.

Nevertheless, I'm returning to the #53 lamps and sockets. If nothing else, I like the original soft blue look better, too. Of course, I'll still have the original mystery to solve.
Thanks, Garey.

Craig