Trying out my T-4X on SSB, using an old D-104 microphone with T-UG8 stand.
Comments were audio was ok but sounded like I was "in a tunnel".  Another
mentioned that the audio was higher pitched than my other rigs.  My T-4XB never
received any similar reports, though the microphone used with that rig is a
D-104 on a G base

Being mainly a CW op, am not very adept at identifying the cause.  I seem to
recall that the T-4X has less filtering than the later versions.  Is this
likely the cause of poor audio or would the microphone be more likely the
issue?  The reason am using different base with the T-4X is that is only one
with the aircraft plug, the T-4XB was converted by some previous owner to 1/4
inch microphone jack.

Thanks for any info and 73, Curt KB5JO