I've found that a 200 watt soldering IRON is one beefy, easy way to desolder
just about anything soldered to a chassis.

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Cunningham <wb5...@martineer.net>
To: k4...@mindspring.com; Drakelist <drakelist@zerobeat.net>
Sent: Tue, Mar 2, 2010 7:22 pm
Subject: [Drakelist] ( MS 4 vibration) and Capacitor Replacement

Garey,
I agree that Tom's capacitor kits are excellent, but they really don't come
with "instructions" as such, even though the cans "symbols" on the bottom even
match the originals.  You won't say it, but I will, that the guys need your
fine CD's to find some of the little hummers on the boards that Drake hid them
on!!!!!!!  I find the combination of Toms kits and your CD's to be VERY helpful
to me (and neither of these gentlemen asked me to say that). One word of advice
though, get a GOOD solder gun to unstick the can tabs from the chassis and
resolder the new ones down.  My wimpy little Weller got replaced with a nice,
D550 (200/260W) that works well!!  It also solders antenna wires like a champ,
so will see lots of use around here.
73,
Don, WB5HAK