Hi!

I did my homework! Indeed, the carrier oscillator crystal frequency
was not exactly set to 5.645 MHz, mainly due to C2 which was offest by
 30 degree and a bit also to T14 which was not completely peaked.
Switching sideband switch back and forth it was easy to note
difference in plate current and Adjust C-2 to make the current and
output of the sidebands equal. Current was about 0.8 and output zero
or close to zero.

Plugging the mike, both sidebands now sound much more the same,
however I had still to rebalance the carrier balance control which was
set fully counter clockwise. Setting the function switch to CW and and
PTT on mic ON the relative output meter stays at zero for whatever
adjustment of the carrier balance control !!!! So, I CAN'T rebalance
the Carrier Balance control !!!!

Why is that???

73,

Frank IZ2OOS