Curt -

There are eight (8) different versions of the TR-4, you have Version 7 and the serial number "should" be between 30500 and 32000. Four (4) more versions of the TR-4C. All are on my CDs.

I don't know about manuals, but Drake often didn't change anything but the schematic when a new version was produced, which is why the Voltage and Resistance tables are to be taken with a grain of salt. I suspect they didn't ALWAYS change the front cover either.

Drake 2-B, 4-B, C-Line&  TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

Curt Nixon wrote:
Very interesting.. I have aTR-4 version with the NB switch and the socket labeled for 34PNB. The manual copy I have shows a picture on the cover with the NB switch but the manual does not seem to mention the switch nor does the schematic include the NB socket...

Are there more versions of the manual/schematic around? I think I got this copy from DK.Mods or Bama

Curt