Paul -

Hmmmmm... The FIRST 2-A schematic is 1001, and the 2-A did NOT have the button on the dial. The first 2-B schematic I've been able to find is 3001, dated 9/22/61, with very minor circuit changes, including the change from 6BN8 to 8BN8. However, the lowest 2-B s/n unit I have seen is 2008, with date codes in April 1961.

Perhaps just some 'left-over' 2-A dial glasses!

All are on your CD, which is on the way!

Drake 2-B, 4-B, C-Line&  TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

ph...@aol.com wrote:
Here's an interesting find - well, to me, anyway: #2052 does not have a little red button on the main dial so that it can be slid back & forth for calibration. In fact, the manual says: "The dial scale is marked in 10 KC divisions and is adjustable for calibration purposes by sliding left or right with a slight pressure on the front of the glass." IIRC, other versions I've owned that were no doubt manufactured later had a red button mounted on the front of the glass. Here's a photo from Wikipedia that shows it:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b5/Drake2b.png
So, I wonder when it was added? I don't remember if my original 1963-purchased version had the button or not.
    I love counting rivets........   :-)
73/Arf,
Paul, K4MSG