OK, we're homing in on the transition point.   With 12 entries submitted,
#2813 has no button and #3608 does, so that narrows  the transition point to
somewhere in that "delta" of 795 units.

    The "baby" of the 12 submissions is #12087; the  elder statesman is
#2052 (mine).

    If anyone can accurately date their unit that would  be helpful
information as far as establishing a production timeline.

    Regarding the change in color:  Plastic comes  in many forms and some
formulations are more affected by UV/sunlight than  others.  I would suspect
that the button is one of the cheapest forms of  plastic (and probably the
dye as well), whereas the plastic used in switches is  much more robust in
both coloration and overall chemical composition (and  you pay for that).

73/Arf,

Paul, K4MSG