Jim Shorney wrote:
On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 19:17:18 -0400, Ron Baker wrote:

>from what I can see, from your results the drive
power vs. your power output I would say is about what you
should expect.

And don't diss the lowly Cantenna. :)  It is a proven design that has been a
staple of ham shacks for longer than some of us have been hams.

UNLESS the resistor element has been overloaded and/or damaged by certain types of oil coolant and is no longer 50 ohms. The Breune wattmeter circuit becomes very inaccurate in other than a 50 ohm system, not to mention 'other' calibration errors with mismatch problems. Particularly if you plan to measure the RF voltage across the dummy load, it's nice to use the ACTUAL resistance for your calculations!

Drake 2-B, 4-B, C-Line&  TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs