My post has nothing to do with 7-Line paint finishes.

Lee, w0vt

  I could never understand why anyone would send their cabinet to Harzell for
repainting in the first place.  Since they powder coat them now, their process
is not the same as when they first painted them with Polane paint.  If the
company is not going to make them look original, why use them?  You can have
anyone repaint the cabinet to have it look different.  I have no doubt their
repaint cabinets look nice, but original look, NO!  Better to spend the $45
finding a nice original one and use the $45 to buy it.

  Or, repaint the cabinet yourself for the experience.  You can simulate the
Polane look by spraying with Satin Black and then over spraying with Semi-Gloss
black.  Spatter the Semi-Gloss bye drilling out the spray can nozzle before
over spraying and allowing the paint to dribble onto the cabinet in small
droplets.  (The droplets will flatten out as it dries).

  Practice the technique before actually restoring your Drake cabinet.  You
will be suprised how nice the final product looks.

  Remember how well you do the metal prep work and primer coat will affect your
final finish.  No final paint job is going to hide your prep work mistakes or
lack of it.

  Lee, w0vt