Lacquer thinner will take a sticky paint case down to the metal.

73, Joe Pyles KC9LAD

At 05:26 PM 10/14/2010, you wrote:
From: gypsym...@aol.com
To: Drakelist@zerobeat.net
Subject: [Drakelist] Drake Cabinet painting

Hi folks,
FWIW Took a cabinet up to Hartzell in Miamisburg, OH today, as they did the original Drake cabinets. I live about three miles from them. Was going to have refinished. I had sticky paint, which is/was literally impossible to sand off. In any case somewhere in the list stuff it says $25 per piece , and lots of folks have done so. (I could live with that its been a pain)
TODAY I was quoted $45 for one piece.
Yes I know $ everything is up...but perhaps they really don't want to do it.

For that amount I'll grind it off.
Carl wd8nhk