PULL THE AIR OUT>>

One my twins, I can lay my hand on top right over either the PA cage or the audio output/transformer area, and I cannot tell they are on. I also cannot hear the fans running...Nothing fancy just modern 80mm QUIET fans.

The R4B fan is installed behind the gap between the Bandpass box and transformer.

See this:

http://picasaweb.google.com/captcurt08/DrakeFanInstall#

FWIW
KU8L
Curt

ph...@aol.com wrote:
I found two articles on adding a fan to a T-4X. The first one uses only a diode & capacitor and uses the size of the capacitor to control the amplitude of the half-wave rectified DC voltage. The fan is configured to draw air OUT of the PA enclosure. http://www.wb4hfn.com/DRAKE/DrakeArticles/TechTips/TransmitterFan.htm The second article uses a dropping resistor to control the fan speed, and the fan is configured to blow air INTO the PA enclosure. http://www.k5dkz.com/t4xfan.html Circuit differences aside, any thoughts on blowing air in as opposed to sucking it out? (Yes, I know the former may get the PA cage dirtier faster). Paul, K4MSG