Hi everyone,
Well, I think I finally found the problem withthe R-4B 80 meters not working sometimes.
It is the 14.6 crystal after all.
I thought it was a bandswitch contact and after several days of workig on this on/off....it looks like the crystal. I swapped a crystal in from a R-4C and now everytime I turn it on it works perfect. Except it was off 15 KC! So I swapped one in from a friends R-4C and it is right on. Before it seemed to not work right away after power on...but after it warmed up for quite a while it started working....kind of strange??

Anyone heard of this before about a crystal failing this way (when cold, mostly)?

Also, I need a 14.6 anyone have one extra for a reasonable price??
Actually looks like I need 2, but one for now would be fine.
I guess if no one has any..I will have to call JAN Crystals to see if they still have them?

73,
Lee, KC9CDT