Hi Again Everone,

...Just a brief post-script to this thread...

Monitoring the T-4X transmit frequency on my R-4 sure has highlighted the
fact that load changes on the AC mains have a detrimental effect upon that
receiver. Whenever the forced-air electric furnace / heat-pump in the
adjoining room would start, the frequency of the R-4 would creep (and no, it
wasn't my frequency that was changing, it was the station I was listrening
to).

A look at the schematic shows no obvious precautions taken with the R-4 to
stabilize critical voltages. I wonder if anyone has ever added a VR tube
after-the-fact to their R-4 to stabilize things...? And if so, was it worth
the effort...?

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ