On Feb 3, 2011, at 1:42 AM, Kevin Elliott wrote:

First I want to say I am sorry if this upsets the person that is making and selling the blue LED bulbs on Ebay and other web sites. I just can't afford to pay $30.00 plus shipping for 2 bulbs. So I went looking for a different source and I found one that was much cheaper. The company sells #47 Blue (or other color) LED bulbs. The best thing is the price... $1.58 each. The worked perfect on the main dial but were not quite bright enough for the meters until I took the reflector off and scrubbed it white again. Now for $3.18 I can but the blue bulbs in the TR-4 or even opt for red since I ordered some of them and they look very nice as well.

I got them for around that, possibly less (depends upon color) from <http:superbrightleds.com>.

They have really good technical support, I was trying to figure out how to replace the grain of wheat bulbs in a Ten-Tec Argonaut 409, and we had a fairly long email conversation about it.

I used them to replace the bulbs in my SPR-4, blue bulbs for the meter and VFO dial, and a white one for the crystal switch. It looks good, but I would prefer a little more read in the white one.

They ship small quantities in a flat envelope which makes international shipments go faster. My orders came in a week, except for when I ordered too many (actually less cost, they were "bare" LEDs instead of bulbs) and they sent them in a box. That took almost three weeks.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.