Just as I have heard all the stories of power supplies being destroyed, my
L4B power supply did just that. Turned on the amplifier just like I always
have heard a big bang and looking to find the noise and then saw the fire.
Turned off the L4B and removed the 220 volt plug from the wall just in time
to see my power supply burning. I then carried it outside until the fire was
out. I had planned to upgrade the power supply but now it's got to happen.

I would like to ask about the Heath Kit shop, power supply module upgrade.
Has anybody used this unit?  When this unit is purchased does this unit
replace both sets of 220uf 450 volt old yellow caps and all the resistors
and diodes?

Any comments, ideas, or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you

Michael J Trussell     KA8ASN