Well I'm guessing that the only thing that has changed antenna wise is it's
advertising. And most of that is now not only crap, it is an out and out
lie. And because the ARRL(for one) does not require truth in the advertising
that they print it sorta looks like there is all this new stuff. Most
notably are vertical antennas that do not require radials or even a
counterpoise.

I use a Butternut HF-6V with a MN2000 and have (can) tune the WARC bands
with it.
I know that this does not directly address your system but the theory does.
If your MN2700 is anything like the older MN2000 you should not have a
problem. DO NOT use RG8X. I think that anything short of Times LMR 400 is a
waste of money and time.

The best thing anyone can do is to ignore the advertising and get your
information from other Hams... just like you are doing.

Take Care
KB8NXO