Back in the early eighties there was an interesting verticle in QST that was a multiple band homebrew vertical that consisted of small-dimension 1/4 wave elements that were bolted to sections of 4"or 6" PVC rings. One vertical for each band. That provided a no-tuner-needed vertical that, of course, was dependent upon the ground system, I saw one in use at the school radio station in Costa Rica - it was mounted in the steel roof of the gym - nice ground plane! The beauty of that design is that it provides structural integrity from small diameter elements and, in theory any and all bands could be included with one feed-line.

Now, staying with the same sort of concept, Gonset made an interesting beam that had elements consisting of tubes, thin-walled tubes, inside of each other all grounded at the beam end of the element. The 10 meter tube was the largest diameter and the 20 meter the smallest diameter with 15 meters in between. A friend lent me one of those beams and my first-anxious-to-get-on-the-air attempt was to use one of those elements as a vertical. The ground system was the steel roof structure. It worked like a charm - that was in Guayaquil Ecuador. BTW one I had the three element Gonset up it was a real performer - no traps.

Oh, the Gonset used a series of rubber grommets to keep the three tubes separate from each other and the end of the 20 meter element was adjustable.

Yes, I would go or the DX engineering radial plate and also a similar tip over post.

73,

Kris KM2KM
Merschrod
123 Warren Road