Dear Fellow Drake Addicts,

I have come across a T-4X, which appears to be one of the latest of its kind.
>From the lower side, it looks exactly like T-4XB, but the filters are grey
>T-4X
filters. The final cage is also black and the front panel is of regular T-4X,
except for the main tuning knob, which is of B-series type. Before looking
inside, I thought the knob was "upgraded" later, but I am not so sure now. The
PTO shaft has the lock ring that is required for this type of knobs. So the PTO
is of B-series type.

One thing that I haven't quite figured out is about its serial number. It's
-0274.  I think it should be something like 14xxx or 15xxx, but it has this
strange number instead. You can see its QC tag here:

http://kihwal.fayoly.net/ham/T4Xser.jpg

Instead of stamped date of the usual QC tags found on Drake rigs, it's
handwritten and missing the year. I am guessing 1967.

Does anyone know about this kind of ser# and what it means?

Thanks,
Kihwal K9SUL