This is from Bill Frost about the "special edition" T-4X.

Kihwal K9SUL

----- Original Message ----
From: Bill Frost <wd8...@yahoo.com>
To: Kihwal Lee <kih...@yahoo.com>
Sent: Mon, March 14, 2011 11:57:02 AM
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] Strange serial number

Hello Kihwal,

If  memory serves, I believe your T-4X was originally built as a T-4  reciter.
The T-4 was not a big seller, so somewhere around the end of  the life of the
T-4X, the T-4's that were in stock, where unpacked and  converted into T-4X's
by

adding the VFO sub-assembly.  The serial number  stayed the same, as it was
already stamped on the chassis, carton, etc.

73, Bill