I use a D-104 with my T4X, amp bypassed, and receive good audio reports; on other matters, Rich, WB6KBL's story regarding his new job and lady friend was superb. I had a new job as the technical mgr. for a new cellular company in Rhode Island in 1985. The vendor had just finished installing and optimizing our mobile telephone switching office and I was like a kid in a candy store with racks and racks of switching gear, microwave, alarm panels, channel banks, et al. I took my then girl friend, (now XYL) on a tour and received pretty much the same result as Richard did. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder like they say! (all those blinking LED's and meters were gorgeous).

Good DX..

Mike  W4DL
Pompano Beach, FL  USA

    I'm glad it worked out:-)  When I started working for a
TV network I took my girl friend on a tour, I was very happy
to have gotten the job and wanted to show the place (and
myself off). After a few minutes of walking around she said
"All this stuff looks the same, lets go somewhere else".
Well, I took her up on a stage and we watched Sally
Struthers rehearsing something. I was about as deflated as a
child's baloon that has been run over by a steam roller.
    I guess you can't win them all.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles