Hi Steve,

The frequency of my T-4X PTO jumps upward almost exactly 100-KHz with the cover
removed...

I've tried several different "tricks" in futile efforts at trying to tame mine,
including (A) unplugging the cooling fan that I added to allow everything
inside to "heat soak" properly in the confines of my cool basement (no change),
and, (B) "gasketing" the seam at the base of the PTO shield can with aluminum
foil to better shield its contents, and to negate any effect that
expansion/contraction of the shield might have upon the frequency (again, no
effect).

I have yet to re-enter the inner sanctum of my PTO here (far too busy with
other stuff), but when I do I plan to completely swab everything down inside it
that moves with isopropyl rubbing alcohol & Q-tips.

The frequency flutter is so very vexing for me that I'm afraid it's
fast-removing the gleam in my eye that I've heretofore reserved for Drake
gear---indeed, I'm almost ashamed to admit that I'm coming to more & more
appreciate the sheer joy & pleasure of the reliability & quality of signal that
my old Icom 751A affords me in my portable work, as compared to the on-going
grief given me thus far by the Drake Twins. That's sacrilege, I know, admitting
such on a Drake Reflector, but it is, alas, a sad reality & fact...

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ