On Sat, 06 Aug 2011 11:37:03 -0400, Garey Barrell wrote:

>I 'improved' upon that approach by just cutting off one "V" end of the coat
>hanger.  You put your
>hand in the "V", and lever against your wrist on top of the other cards.  MUCH
>more controlled
>force, and no YIKES when the pins suddenly let go.

Garey, you just HAVE to be different, don't you? :)

I should point out, for those who have not "been there, done that" yet, the
board puller mates up with small holes near the upper edge of the vertcally
interted boards. The wide boards will have two holes, narrow boards will have
only one. As a side note, some of the boards have copper grounding fingers
attached - make sure the mating surfaces are clean and the fingers are
"springy" enough to make contact.

I don't recall who first posted the PC slot cover idea for a DR-7 puller, but
that was one of those d'oh! moments for me when I first read it. I was a PC
tech for over 10 years, and I'm always tripping over those things around here.
I just never made the connection.

IBM slot covers are much better than any of the others, of course....

73

-Jim

--
Ham Radio NU0C
Lincoln, Nebraska, U.S.S.A.

"Give a man a URL, and he will learn for an hour; teach him to Google, and he
will learn for a lifetime."

http://incolor.inetnebr.com/jshorney
http://www.nebraskaghosts.org