From: K9sqg <k9...@aol.com>
To: d...@martineer.net; k7...@comcast.net; drakelist@zerobeat.net
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 12:12 AM
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] L4-B on AM

At one time, there seemed to be great interest in the L-4B because it could run
1 kw input on CW, RTTY, and AM.  A lot of other amps were rated at, for example
1,500 watts input on SSB but maybe only 700 or so on AM because they didn't
have power supplies, cooling, etc. for continuous duty or high duty cycle
modes.  I'm sure there are some users out there, maybe on some of the AM nets,
that have direct experience.  Note, however, the top of the cabinet, especially
over the tubes, gets quite warm in such applications...