I advertised for a T-4XC front panel on the Australian VKHam classified
website and immediately received an Email response from somebody supposedly
located at: 46 medomak mobile home park waldoboro,me 04572 offering either
the T-4XC or just the front panel, claiming he has tried to sell the
transmitter but hasn't as yet and would just sell the panel. Seems very odd
indeed. I am aware there are some scammers responding to Hams placing
"wanted" ads on online classified sites claiming to have exactly what was
advertised. Anybody have any insight into this activity in the USA , or is
this address familiar, or am I being a bit too cautious?

Regards

John