The problem is that just about any trimmer cap you choose is going to be less 'stable' LONG TERM than the crystal. So the good news is that you can adjust the frequency, the bad news is that you're going to have to! No trimmer is going to be as stable as a good crystal, and since most electronic stuff doesn't LAST for 50 years, you're better off without a trimmer.

Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line
and TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>