Not sure anyone asked this, and I didn't see it in your initial post, but was the 751A already warmed up when you tested the drake?

What is the frequency reference in the 751A?

I recently used a 751 which is essentially the same frequency determining set-up for a freq measurement test and I can tell you, it isn't all that stable either...and, it goes up and down with small temperature differences over a span of only several minutes. Even when it had been running in Rx only for over 24 hours.

So..keep in mind that the data you recorded is the net difference from a moving reference.

After warm-up, I'm not so sure that the 751A is any better than the Drake.

They are a lot better if they have the TCXO module added, but I didn't see that mentioned.

Anyway, just curious what the reference conditions were.

Thanks

Curt
KU8L